Annie Madine Sollinger
Born: 1985, Vermont
Currently: Easthampton, MA
Occupation: Visual Resources Librarian
University of Texas at Austin, School of Information
Master of Science in Information Studies
Click here for my professional portfolio.
New York University
Bachelor of Arts in Art History
Like many librarians and most people who have studied archives, in the formal sense, I possess two qualities: an attraction to ephemera and collecting, and a predilection for organization. In this space, I am exercising these wills by exorcising my personal photographic archives. Also, as is typical of librarians, I am shy.
My general interests, in life and in art marking, are ecology, feminism, and dogs.∆
Click here to see examples of commissioned work.∆
- October 2017 / Easthampton City Arts
- February 2016 / The Mourning Quilt: Contemporary artists respond to the Lambie crazy quilt in the collection of Historic Northampton Museum. Northampton, MA.
- 2014 / All Visual Boston. Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, MA.
- 2014 / Always Always. The Monkey House, Winooski, VT.
- 2014 / Fresh. Flywheel Arts Collective, Easthampton, MA.
- 2013 / A Show of Artist Alumni 2001-2012. Putnam Gallery, Dublin, NH.
- 2012 / All Visual Slideshow. Spectacle, Jamaica Plain, MA.
- 2010 / Open Studio Tour, with Mary Goldthwaite-Gagne, Emily Drury, and Rachel Garceau. The Thing in the Spring, Peterborough, NH.
- 2010 / Small Works. S.P.A.C.E. Gallery, Burlington, VT. ∆
- Odds and Ends Book Fair. Yale University Art Gallery, December 2016.
- Detroit Art Book Fair. Ditto Ditto/Trinosophes, October 2016.
- Northampton Print and Book Fair. APE Gallery, October 2016.
- Odds and Ends Book Fair. Yale University Art Gallery, December 2015.
- Detroit Art Book Fair. Ditto Ditto/Trinosophes, October 2015.
- Northampton Print and Book Fair. APE Gallery, October 2015.
- Book Fair, Odds and Ends: Art Books/Book Arts Today. Yale University Art Gallery, December 2014.
- Pioneer Valley Zine Fest. Flywheel Arts Collective, 2014.
- New England Zine Fest. Boston Hassle/YMCA Cambridge, 2014.
- *broke, the Affordable Arts Fair. The Thing in the Spring, Peterborough, NH. 2009-2014.
- Traveling Light in Olympia Monthly, October 2015.
- American Memory. Essay in Papersafe Issue 4: Memory, 2014. Available here.
- Lumina, 2012.
- Interview with Trevor Powers in Make Space., 2011.
- Thumb zine, 2011.
- Vantage Point, 2010.